Thursday, August 9, 2012

This is not the club y'all...

I had court Monday morning – and this is my list of observations from the morning…some of it I thought was common sense, but obviously I was wrong…

  1. Do not come to court looking like you are going to the club…and for that matter, don’t look like you just left the club and ain’t had a chance to go home yet…
  2. Do not come to court looking like you’re about to go workout/just came from the gym…
  3. Please, try not to look like a crackhead...
  4. Please do not bring your children to court…and damn sure don’t bring them into the actual courtroom with you, especially when both parents are present…one parent can sit with the child in the hallway…they have chairs…they even have a damn food court and an outdoor court yard at this particular establishment…
  5. Please do not try to explain your way out of a ticket – especially when your driving record is full of the same damn charge…no one wants to hear it, the judge doesn’t believe you and you are just wasting everyone’s time…
  6. Don’t sit there and talk to your friend/companion all loud…this goes double if you’re an attorney…we don’t want to hear it…and isn’t there something about confidentiality involved when you’re a lawyer?
  7. Please be on time, if not early…

And with all that said, I sat in the damn courtroom for two hours, unable to read my book, just for the judge to take 2.6 seconds to send me on my way after he called my name…but, it saved me $80+ in court costs and fines…

No comments:

Post a Comment