Monday, August 20, 2012

Reclaiming my weekends!


Yay for every other weekend off!  So it’s only been two weekends so far, but we’ve done something awesome each weekend…

Two weeks ago, the first weekend in August, Boog and I went to see my friend and her family in North Carolina…and another friend and her son met us there from South Carolina…Boog got to play with new kids and get used to more new adult – which he is in desperate need of loosening up with new people.  We got to spend a few hours at the beach and I got to visit with 2 good friends and get a much needed mini-vacation.  I also got to see my Capone!  Who welcomed me in a way that made me feel much loved, and he remembered Boog, and tried to suffocate him with his tongue lol…I did not have a happy about coming home that Sunday morning.

Some shots from the beach...


He watched tv and played with the other kids, and generally stayed out of my butt lol…and even let N tuck him into the beanbag Saturday night, which is where he fell asleep – and so did the girls for that matter…and he kept stealing Capone’s red blanket…he loved playing with the “little meow” who let him carry him around, and hold him – and someone tried to get me to take it home with me…


This past weekend we went to the Watermine Water Park at Lake Fairfax in Reston…We tried to go through everything, but Boog was a little scared – I think it was because he couldn’t use HIS floaties, but had to use their life jackets…He spent most of his time in the tot pool but had a total blast…He saw a little girl going down the slide head first and of course he had to do it to – and never stopped…He was playing with other kids and trying to make friends with the older girls mostly.  They had break every hour, and he ate something every hour lol…We brought snacks, lunch and drinks with us, including two pieces of folded over peanut butter bread – which he started calling a knuckle sandwich…





No comments:

Post a Comment