Thursday, August 16, 2012

Brown Eyed Girl


Some people may have wondered why we played “Brown Eyed Girl” at my mom’s service…no one asked, but maybe some wondered…I don’t know why my sister agreed to it, but I know my reasoning…I hope hers is similar to mine…

That is the way I would like to remember my mom…Goofy, some-what carefree and young…No matter how old she got, my mom will always be young…

I think that my youngest sister missed out on a lot of my mom being like that…I think in some ways she experienced more of the bad side than the good, and will never know who she missed out on…that makes me sad for her…

Mom never minded keeping me home for a day every now and again, just to hang out or even to head to King’s Dominion for the day – and if we decided that morning that we just didn’t feel like keeping whatever plans we had made, it was cool…we still stayed home and just hung out at the pool…

Mom was the one who never cared how many of us were at the house – as long as we didn’t trash the place (or at least cleaned it up when we were done).  I remember coming upstairs for a blanket one night because everyone else had taken all the blankets, even the one off my bed and she never skipped a beat, just looked at me and said I was out of luck with extras…

She never lost that attitude either, even with my other sister – the more the merrier…I miss those good times…I can’t forget the bad, and every so often I get mad at her still…but I like to think that the bad memories will fade as time goes on…

No comments:

Post a Comment