Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More of my mom

She was a beautiful person, inside and out.  The way I'd like to remember her is as she was before the alcohol and bitterness took hold.  She was fun and had such an awesome energy - she was goofy and caring.  We played the song "Brown Eyed Girl" at her service, and that's the mom I miss...
I'm crying daily now, just thinking about her and the things that she and Boog are going to miss out on...I have so few pictures of them together...
My sister drives my mom's truck now, and Boog sees it and says "that my gammaw truck" but the hard part is when he says he wants to see her or go to her house...I just don't know how to tell him that he can't see her anymore and that she's not home...
I'd give just about anything to have her send me one of her crazy spelled, all in caps, text messages asking if we're coming over tonight...and I'd say yes...and this time, I wouldn't stop taking pictures...
 I may not be happy with the decisions I made to stay away from her at times, but she also made that decision...If I had to keep him away from her happy to avoid the horrible, so be it...I just wish things had turned out differently...I still love her, and always did...

No comments:

Post a Comment