Monday, December 5, 2011

Beef Stew

I made beef stew in the crock pot last night and it turned out pretty good...Even Boog ate a bunch, which is awesome since he hasn't really eaten a real meal since he got sick on Thursday.

It was really easy too. My dad had made roast beef and didn't eat all of it, so I confiscated it lol. Cut it into pieces and added a can of sliced carrots and about 3 medium sized potatoes, unpeeled but sliced. To that I added 2 cans of beef gravy and a can of water and then about a tablespoon (give or take) of A-1 steak sauce...Threw it in the crock pot all day on low, about 8 - 81/2 hours, then on high for another hour just to make sure the potatoes were done and soft...Made some rice and tossed that into a bowl with some of the beef stew over it...Turned out to be a damn good dinner...

The Boy ate a big bowl, Boog ate a small bowl and I had a medium bowl...Boog ate his by himself on the floor with his stool. Once he finished his, he asked for more so I gave him some from my bowl and he finished that! Then asked for more! I was out of rice, but gave him some of the stew and he ate about half of it...And we have enough left for another dinner this week and maybe a lunch too. Just add rice...Or mashed potatoes might be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment