Tuesday, August 12, 2014

You're free Genie



Not sure why the passing of Robin Williams is hitting me quite like it is - It's not like I've been obsessed, seeing all his movies over the years, going out of my way to make sure I catch all his movies.  In fact there's quite a few that I haven't seen and will now make a point to watch.

I never saw Good Morning Vietnam, Hook or even remember him in Fern Gully.  I wasn't a big fan of Happy Feet either.  But I remember Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Nine Months, The Birdcage, Patch Adams, Jack (what a heart breaker that movie was!), Good Will Hunting, Night at the Museum and the sequel.

A few of my favorites were Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Birdcage and Patch Adams.  I remember watching Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire over and over again as a kid.  When I got older, Birdcage was a go-to for when I needed a comedy.  He was awesome in that, I don't think there's any role he couldn't have played - and played well.  Patch Adams was another that I could watch on a loop, even though it made me cry (shh, keep that to yourself).

Last night I fell asleep watching Aladdin, and restarting it each time I woke up through the night and again this morning.  It's something that I plan on forcing Boog to watch while he's playing, so he gets interested in it.  That's the only way to get him into something new lol.  When he's a little older, Night at the Museum will be introduced and hopefully become a favorite of his too.


No comments:

Post a Comment